Took Pip for his first family holiday last weekend.
The house at Skene’s Creek – a tiny town near Apollo Bay – was advertised as ‘pet friendly’. Included in our contract was this lovely list...
DOGGIE DO’S & DON’TS
- All dog droppings must be removed from premises prior to departure.
- Your dog must not under any circumstances be taken inside the premises.
- A fee of $50 is charged and payable when the balance of your accommodation monies is paid.
- The owner of the dog is liable for any damage caused to the premises or resulting loss suffered by the property owner.
- It is the occupiers responsibility to ensure their dog is suitably restrained within the rear yard of the premises.
- A barking or aggressive dog will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the termination of your booking.
- If there is found to be any infringement relating to any of the above, Great Ocean Road Real Estate has the right to request immediate vacation of the premises without refund.
Now Douglas is accustomed to having run of the house. He sleeps inside thank you very much. And he was very unimpressed with the house rules.
He proceeded to bark most of the night, even though GQ and Him-In-Doors took the dogs for a midnight walk!
Apparently the two dogs barked most of the night. Thankfully I was oblivious to this until about 5am when I woke up to hear them barking fairly incessantly. They seemed to be setting each other off. After some time, all went suddenly quiet and I surmised, correctly, that those rampant rule breakers had let Douglas inside!
But the peace was priceless!