I'm interrupting this dormant dog-blog to write about my entry into the world of children's literature - there will still be the occasional mention of my erstwhile doggie companion who is still a pup in spirit, if not in size.

19 Jan 2012

Day 4: First play date


Pip had his first play-date yesterday. His cousin Frankie – ok, not technically his cousin, my kid’s cousin’s dog – came over to meet him. Frankie, to be honest, is a little upstart - very cute but super-friendly and assertive. To walk with Frankie and his mum on the beach is to take a very slow walk indeed. He stops to say hello to every human and wants to play with every dog. He also likes to be top dog with every dog, regardless of their size.
But Pip was delighted with Frankie. It was as if he’d been pining for his brothers and sisters all along and here – at long last – was a decent playmate. I’m still getting used to the way dog’s play - the whole grabbing each other around the throat with their teeth and yelping routine. Frankie’s Mum assures me that it’s all fine as long as tails are wagging and nobody’s crying. Not that different to kids, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment